- One or two highly complex satellites in GSO
- Multiple spot beam coverage
- Transparent transponder / Digital filtering
When is this all going to happen? - Very soon! · First generation systems due for launch
before 2000. Next generation systems by 2010
- First partial plane due about 2 weeks ago (launch postponed 3 times - will happen very
- Following testing and concept proving, full constellation will be deployed over next
couple of years.
- BUT service only fully viable once entire constellation deployed.
Note that Globalstar plans to start launching in 1997. ICO not sure... but likely to be in the
- Still fighting for spectrum!
- First systems should be launched in 1998-2000 timeframe
- System is viable from first launch - key advantage of Super-GEO!
-Follow-on systems already on the drawing board
- FPLMTS / IMT-2000
- integration with UPT
-Movement towards "Global Bandwidth on Demand" rather than simple cell phone
- Personal Communications Networks are being implemented now as S-PCNs
- Will provide all (most?) features of the "Personal Communicator"
- Network developments being driven by demand for bandwidth
- Potential to replace entire fixed network World-wide!
Questions? And now some time for questions...
If you have any questions on this lecture you can contact us here.
All trademarks and images are the property of their respective owners and are used with
Internet resources used: